Yes, I am pretty sure that Ana G knew that I had to learn the baptism prayer in Spanish, because I just sit there mostly and listen to my companions teach. I do know how to pray and testify but slowly I am working my way into teaching principles but yes, she knew that. That is why it is so cool that she asked me to baptize her! She had the faith that I could do it, and look what happened! We confirmed her a member of the church yesterday. She is amazing. a real golden member.
Nothing really happened this week. OK, Yes there is one thing. I don't know if I started telling you already, but I will start over. We were riding our bikes the other day and a guy from Sudan stopped us. He wanted to know who we were and why we were riding bikes all over the place. So we explained things to him and gave him some pamphlets and asked him if we could come by in a couple of days. He agreed, but we didn't think too much of it, other than it was a referral for the English speaking elders. But as we were riding by his house on Wednesday, I got the impression to stop and see him. We did and when we knocked on his door, he was there and he welcomed us into his house. We went in and talked with him, he told us that he had read the pamphlets and prayed and wanted to know when the soonest time he could be baptized! We were in shock! We said, well we could get you baptized on the 26th of this month? He accepted and said he wants to learn and do as much as he can. He is really a cool guy. He understands everything we teach him and is so willing to follow the direction we are giving him. I really wish you could meet him. but the good thing is, he speaks English so I get to practice teaching him at least. He is amazing. the Lord really prepares people for us missionaries to find and teach.
Well that was the highlight of the week, except that I almost had to fight a drunk guy, he got up in my face and was swearing at me saying stuff he didn't know anything about or make any sense, but this lady came over and pulled him away from us. So the Lord is watching over me and my companions :-D
I can't believe my first 6 weeks are almost over. Time is flying by so fast, I only have 16 more 6 week periods to go ;-) ~ Elder Gardner
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment