I just wrote you the longest email ever and when I tried to sent it, it logged me out and erased it all... This week was pretty rough. We didn't get our investigators to church and a lot of other things didn't go the way we wanted. But what I really want to tell you today is that last week, we had interviews with President Donaldson and it was the best one ever! When I was talking with him, I told him that I am disappointed in myself because our investigators aren't progressing or anything and I felt like I was a bad missionary. He just looked at me and smiled and told me the coolest thing ever. He said: It isn't what your investigators do or don't do. It is what you do and don't do. Are you doing everything that you possibily can? Are you living all the rules? Do you love your companion? I answered yes to all of these and he said: Then you are not a failure as a missionary. Even though your numbers are not what you want them to be, you are doing all that you can to help your brothers and sisters, and that is what God wants you to do. I have been watching you and I know you are a Great missionary and I can count on you to get things done. Just keep doing the work and the lord will take care of the rest. """ After that interview I felt like a million bucks. He is such an amazing servant of the lord. .
We have to get going. we still have some things we have to do today so I will talk with you next week.
PS. I seriously have the best family the Lord could bless me with. if it wasn't for the love and support that I have from everyone, I don't think I would be where I am today. thank you so much for everything. ~ELDER GARDNER
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment