Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Delet

Halloween for a missionary is horrible! haha we didn't get to talk to any of our investigators that evening because we were commanded by our mission president to return to our apartment as soon as it started getting dark. so yeah Halloween this year was a real downer.

I do have a good story. My companion and I were trying to contact a former investigator Sunday night, When we showed up at his house we found his younger brother Delet. We had talked to him twice before but were using him to get to his brother. but at that meeting with him, I felt impressed to give him a scripture to read. (this was about a week or two ago and we had given him a BOM) so when we found him home Sunday night we asked him if he had read it, he said he had, but he told us that he only believes in the Bible. I asked him if he thought it was possible for God to have more scriptures than just the Bible, he said yes, so I told him, that is what the BOM is, or LDM (Libro De Mormon in Spanish ;) so we talked more with him trying to get him to open up and talk with us. and it turned in to a really good discussion, and it was all in Spanish! So I now know without any doubt that God will put words into your mouth at the very hour, the very moment you need them. My Spanish isn't that great, but people can understand me and I can communicate with them and that is what matters right now. So my goal for studying is to keep polishing the Spanish I know, and increase my vocabulary.

About our investigator Delet, we talked more with him and got him interested in coming to church and to start talking with us more and eventually, he doesn't know this yet but to get him baptized! It was a really good experience for me.

My companion still doesn't have good Spanish, so I have to do most of the talking, I know he will start saying more soon. I love my companion but he has so much to learn. He is always trying to impress me or be better than me! I know I should be humble about it all but it just upsets me. But please.... don't give me advice about what to do and how I need to love him and try and build him up and all of that other stuff. I know that.

What really made my day was that we went to the temple today and were able to do 2 endowments. The only thing that keeps me going sometimes is the temple. It is just so amazing. I wish that we could go to the temple more than just 4 times a year. :-( Well I have to get going. it is really late and we still have to get our food for the week. I will talk with you on Monday. Love Ya. ~Elder Gardner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you sooooo much for sharing your emails with all of us!! we love hearing how well he is doing :D