Wednesday, August 26, 2009
SIX MONTHS OUT
Ok, well this week was really good for my Spanish you could say. We had president interviews and he told me that I just need to get out and speak it and it will come that much faster for me. I was like ok I will work on it. President mentioned to my companion that he might be transfered this next week and that I better know the area. So after our interviews I had to lead out the area and start up the conversations with our investigators. This forced me to start speaking Spanish. It wasn't too bad, so I didn't mind. Sunday came around and we have Sacrament Meeting last. Sam, the 2nd councilor, came up to me when we walked in and asked me if I could give a 5 min talk and that he was sorry that is was such short notice. I thought, Oh My, how am I suppose to write a talk in "SPANISH" and then have to talk for 5 min and not have any help from anyone?! Of course I was really nervous but I told him I would do it. Then he told me that I had the choice of going 1st or 2nd; I chose to go 1st. I had no idea what to talk about, well I just thought of my favorite stories and how I could relate them to everyday life. I wrote out a couple of ideas on a sticky note and wrote out my introduction, and that was it, hoping I would be able to do it. I said a little prayer to Heavenly Father asking Him to help me strengthen my faith and help me know what to say. Sacrament Meeting came along and it was my turn to get up and talk. I got up and did everything I wrote down and read my scriptures and related it to how we need to have faith in the prophets. then I ended with my testimony and sat down. I didn't have my watch on, so I didn't know how long I had talked. I soon found out that I had talked for 10 minutes and that everything made sense and people came up to me and told me "good job" and that it was an amazing talk. I was so happy,,,, you have no idea! Sam came up to me and told me he was very impressed with me, cuz last time he went with us he saw how my Spanish was and that I didn't like talking. and he was very impressed. So yeah, the Lord answered my prayer and strengthened my faith that I know how to speak Spanish! Got to go write my president's letter ~ELder GARNDER
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow thats amazing!!! Thank you for sharing all you do dad I love it!!!
Post a Comment