I have a lot to tell you this week! It was transfers on the 2nd and my companion, Elder Andelin got transfered, leaving me to lead the area and decide what needs to get done. I was really nervous about this new responsibility, and I was really nervous on who I was going to get as a companion. Well, we were at transfers and president Donaldson called my name to stand up, then he called Elder Gunnell's name to be my companion! Since I have been in the area before, I am the senior companion. It is awesome! Elder Gunnell and I were at the MTC together (so if you look back at the pictures you can see him and to whom I am referring to.) I am really excited to know I will be with Elder Gunnell for the next 6 weeks! I am still worried about having to talk to people and "lead" the area. Elder Gunnell's Spanish is better than mine so that kind of made me disappointed for a little bit but then I looked at it this way, " I have a perfect opportunity to learn how he mastered Spanish and also have an awesome time working with him." So yeah I am having the most fun I have had so far in my mission! Since transfers, Elder Gunnell and I have added 3 new families to teach, they seem some what interested, so it is possible that we could have 8 baptisms this transfer or the next if we are still together. I am so excited. the only thing that I wish,,, is that my Spanish was as good as Elder Gunnells or better. I thought I was improving and on track but now I know that I need to take it up a couple of notches. So that is the latest updates with me, I think I am going to clock out for today. OH before I forget, about the pants, I think that I need them at least 1 inch shorter in length so I'm not stepping on them when I walk without shoes. and a box,, yeah I could use a box. with a little bit of money in the box or something ;-) haha just kidding. but yeah don't send me gum, we can't chew gum, so just send me some nestle chocolate milk powder, granola bars and some treats :-D and what ever else you want to send me. :-D Thank You for all the love and support I get from Everyone. ~ELDER GARDNER
Monday, September 7, 2009
New Companion
I have a lot to tell you this week! It was transfers on the 2nd and my companion, Elder Andelin got transfered, leaving me to lead the area and decide what needs to get done. I was really nervous about this new responsibility, and I was really nervous on who I was going to get as a companion. Well, we were at transfers and president Donaldson called my name to stand up, then he called Elder Gunnell's name to be my companion! Since I have been in the area before, I am the senior companion. It is awesome! Elder Gunnell and I were at the MTC together (so if you look back at the pictures you can see him and to whom I am referring to.) I am really excited to know I will be with Elder Gunnell for the next 6 weeks! I am still worried about having to talk to people and "lead" the area. Elder Gunnell's Spanish is better than mine so that kind of made me disappointed for a little bit but then I looked at it this way, " I have a perfect opportunity to learn how he mastered Spanish and also have an awesome time working with him." So yeah I am having the most fun I have had so far in my mission! Since transfers, Elder Gunnell and I have added 3 new families to teach, they seem some what interested, so it is possible that we could have 8 baptisms this transfer or the next if we are still together. I am so excited. the only thing that I wish,,, is that my Spanish was as good as Elder Gunnells or better. I thought I was improving and on track but now I know that I need to take it up a couple of notches. So that is the latest updates with me, I think I am going to clock out for today. OH before I forget, about the pants, I think that I need them at least 1 inch shorter in length so I'm not stepping on them when I walk without shoes. and a box,, yeah I could use a box. with a little bit of money in the box or something ;-) haha just kidding. but yeah don't send me gum, we can't chew gum, so just send me some nestle chocolate milk powder, granola bars and some treats :-D and what ever else you want to send me. :-D Thank You for all the love and support I get from Everyone. ~ELDER GARDNER
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment