This week was pretty good, but we didn't get our investigators with dates, they were all too busy last week so that is our goal this week, more Member Present Lessons and more time at church so we are going to do good this week. I have a story for you. I almost died this last week at a dinner appointment. It seems like everyone here who has us to dinner, likes to try out chilies on us and have us eat them, They say that is what helps us speak better Spanish or whatever. So we are at this members house and he brought out a little orange chili and gave it to me. I'm like, OK, whatever. So I took a bite of it with food (this is key so it isn't so hot) and it wasn't too bad. So I took another bite, a little bigger. It was a little hotter and so I said this is a really good chili and they asked me if it was hot, I said a little but not bad. Then I took my third bite, (I still had half of the chili) but the whole thing broke off in my mouth, so I was like eh,, oh well and I chewed it up,,, OH WOW!! My Poor Mouth! That thing almost killed me! My eyes started watering, my tongue was on fire and my face was RED. Elder Gunnell looked at me and just started laughing. I couldn't do anything to put out the fire. Finally when it died down, about 15 min later. I asked them what kind of pepper it was and they said a Habinero! I thought to myself,,, No Way! I was a little upset that they would even give me that hot of a pepper, but I was like oh well, nothing I can do about it now haha. It was about the worst experience of my life ;-) But it was a good story none the less.
So how are things at home? Everything still going good? Do you think you could do me a favor? Send me the cat in a box, hahahaha, I wouldn't mind having him for a while and then I can just send him back. Just make sure you send him overnight so he doesn't starve, haha just kidding. I think that is funny that mom has him so spoiled. He isn't even going to know me when I get home. He will just be an old mad cat, but who knows. Oh, so you never told me if Bishop wore my tie on fast sunday? I have to keep track of these things ;-) Well I have to get going, we still have a lot to do today and not a whole lot of time left. I love you and for all the support I get from everyone back home. tell mom I am sorry I don't write her, I will do my best to work on that but it is just hard to have any time on P-Day. that still isn't an excuse but I will work on it. Love you! ~ELDER GARDNER
PS Tu espanol es muy bueno por solimente leiendolo. pero yo no se si yo escribo este carta bien o mal. hasta semana primero.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment