Guess what? Life in the mission is totally different today! I got transfered to the desert. I have been told that missionaries usually serve here for 4 or 5 transfers and transfers are very 6 weeks. So I could very likely be here for the hottest part of the year! Good thing I bought that Camel Back back pack huh? Elder Pinkston is still in Linda Vista ( my first area ) and Elder Nelson went to Sante, I think.
My new companion is so funny! We get along really well. He reminds me of Tyson Guthrie. His name is Elder Virrueta and he is from Peru. He will reach his one year mark this Wednesday, so we are going to burn one of his shirts. haha He is really funny. I know that while I am with him I will get better at Spanish, it already seems like it is improving. You know that Elder Ellis gave me his bike since he was going home? Well it was two days ago, Saturday, Elder Virrueta and I where going to an appointment and we had to jump off the curb, well when I did, the front tire gave out and got bent so bad I can't ride it. But the whole bike is falling apart anyway, so I am just going to have this member in the ward find me a good bike from the swap meets and I will buy it from him for really cheap. But I need to have more money on my card. I have new things I need to buy like: a bike, helmet and another pair of pants, I tore the blue ones. But anyway, $300 more so I can go and buy what I need to. Today I already bought a mini bike pump and a U-lock and that cost me $36.24. so I have like $460 on there now.
I am in Calexico, the hottest part of the mission during the summer haha, Our area has the boarder fence in it so I need to get a couple of pictures with me standing by it. My companion said that right before I got here, him and his companion saw some illegals make a human ladder and jump the fence. He said the Boarder Patrol just started coming out of no where and got them haha. but that is just the first couple of days in Calexico. I am sure I will have plenty of chances to see more.
I am really happy you sent me those pictures of my new niece and the family, but I dont think you need to send so many, my inbox usage limit is almost full. haha OH so remember that this Sunday, the 10th is Mothers Day? I have to go buy a calling card so I can call my Mom. I think I will be able to call after seven or something like that? I dont know for sure so just be home and don't go anywhere this Sunday so when I do call I don't miss ya. OK? Well. I will talk to you then. Tell everyone hi for me and give that cat a bath! I can smell him from here! and you can cut his claws. I did and he liked it haha ok I got to get going so I will talk with you this Sunday. Love you lots ~Elder Gardner
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a good boy to rememember Mothers day..with everything he's doing...good job mom and dad!!!
Post a Comment